Welcome to Taber Evangelical Free Church!
KNOW, GROW, GO represents who we are. We believe that these three key words encourage us to learn God's Word and get to KNOW him through a relationship with Jesus Christ; GROW together to mature in Christ; and then GO serve in ministry and invite others to say "YES" to Jesus!
A Brief Church History
The Taber Evangelical Free Church grew out of the efforts of Miss Ruby Krenzke. In the late 40’s and early 50’s her home on 44 Avenue was filled with children several times a week as she led “Happy Hour Bible Clubs”. Regular church services were first held in her home in the fall of 1946 and a modest building was erected and opened the following spring. At a meeting in 1952 this independent congregation decided to affiliate the Prairie District of the Evangelical Free Church of America (The EFC officially became a Canadian denomination with the acquisition of a dominion charter in 1967). In May of 1957, another church building was completed and further expanded in 1983. In the fall of 1999, a second Sunday morning service was added to accommodate further growth. The church moved to its current location and a single Sunday service after renovation of a commercial property was completed in January 2008.